What Makes WakeMed Bariatric Specialists of NC the Best Choice?
“WakeMed Bariatric Specialists of NC is dedicated to educating the population about the dangers of obesity and equipping them with the surgical and non-surgical tools necessary to begin and continue along their weight loss journey.” —This is our mission and what drives us to do what we do.
WakeMed Bariatric Specialists of NC was founded by Dr. Paul Enochs in 2002 as the Triangle’s first and at the time only private weight loss surgery center. WakeMed BSNC has since grown to include five bariatric surgeons, a bariatrician offering non-surgical medical weight management, three registered dietitians, and all the necessary resources to provide the best in bariatric care.
As the region’s premier, weight loss surgery practice, the providers of WakeMed Bariatric Specialists have accomplished many firsts in the field of bariatric surgery. These include but are not limited to:
- North Carolina’s first private weight management resource center
- Raleigh’s first gastric bypass, gastric band, and sleeve gastrectomy procedures
- North Carolina’s first SILS (Single Incision Laparoscopy Surgery) Lap-Band
- The Southeast’s first Single Anastomosis Duodenal Switch, also knowns as “SIPS,” procedure
- Wake County’s first robotic gallbladder as well as Wake County’s first robotic Lap-Band, bypass, and sleeve gastrectomy procedures
- The most experienced private practice in the Triangle having performed well over 7,000 bariatric procedures
- Over 55 years of combined surgical experience specializing in advanced laparoscopy, robotics, and bariatrics
- Offering a comprehensive approach to care with on-site lab-draw services, cardiac testing, fluoroscopy-guided band adjustments, sleep center, nutrition store and nutrition consults.