Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
This recipe is intended for patients who have successfully completed the Semi-Solid phase and are in the Soft Solid stage.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup scallions- chopped
- 1 clove of garlic- minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 packet of Stevia, Splenda, or Truvia
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine turkey, scallions, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a bowl
- Divide mixture into (4) 4-oz patties
- Coat the bottom of a skillet or grill pan with cooking spray
- Cook burgers 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through on medium high heat
- Remove burgers from pan and keep warm in the oven
- Pour soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sherry into the pan and stir, scrapping up any browned turkey bits
- Add sweetener and onion and simmer 5-7 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Stir in sesame oil.
- To serve: ladle sauce over each burger