Medical Weight Management
Bariatric surgery is not a one size fits all cure for those struggling with their weight. For some patients, a non-surgical approach is more appropriate.
Our practice offers a multidisciplinary non-surgical approach led by our in house Bariatrician, Dr. Kajal Zalavadia. Along with a team of specialists dedicated to the care of each patient, Dr. Zalavadia offers programs tailored to the individual needs of each committed patient. We incorporate many tools including metabolic testing, diet, exercise, psychology, and medications.
Our weight management program focuses not only on weight loss, but puts a new focus on your overall health care, making sure weight management is factored in to the treatment of other conditions you may have. We are passionate about being proactive with your health and aim to treat current ailments as well as decrease or prevent the future occurrence of weight related issues.
- Patients in the Medical Weight Management Program work one-on-one with Dr. Zalavadia and her clinical staff for all medical check-ins, metabolic testing, and monitoring.
- Our BSNC Registered Dietitians work with patients on their nutrition and diet goals.
- Through the EmergeOrtho Network, we are able to provide Physical Therapists to ensure any physical limitations are being treated and taken into account for fitness goals and clear patients for exercise.
- Our practice partners with MedPro Wellness to provide patients with wellness coaching, fitness solutions, and additional support along the way.
- Dr. Tom Thompson provides behavioral therapy and helps tackle psychological barriers to weight loss.
To learn more about our non-surgical program or to set an appointment, please call our office at 919.234.4468.
We also offer a non-surgical procedure as a middle ground to surgery, the Orbera Intragastric Balloon. To learn more pabout this procedure, click here.