General Surgery Before & After WLS Surgery
General Surgery and Advanced Laparoscopy
WakeMed Bariatric Specialists of NC is one of the very few practices in the Triangle that specialize in advanced laparoscopy, robotics, and SILS. Our focus is on minimally invasive techniques for both routine and complex general surgery.
- Laparoscopic treatment of reflux disease (GERD) and hiatal hernia repairs.
- Laparoscopic large & small bowel surgery.
- Laparoscopic treatment of Crohns disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, & chronic constipation.
- Laparoscopic removal of abdominal organs including spleen, adrenals, gallbladder & appendix.
- Treatment of skin lesions/disorders including lipomas, cysts, burns, venous stasis, & diabetic ulcers.
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast disease with convenience of in-office ultrasound & biopsy.
- Laparoscopic treatment of various disorders including achalasia, retroperitoneal lymph node and liver biopsy, feeding tube placement, colostomy, pyloroplasty, & adhesions (scar tissue).
- Examination & treatment of thyroid disorders with aid of in-office ultrasound
- Minimally invasive treatment of thoracic disease including pneumothorax, & emphysema.
- Evaluation and management of rectal disorders, including fissures, fistulas, hemorrhoids, & rectal prolapse.