With Love, Low Carb Valentine’s Dinner Menu
Why not take an excuse to celebrate love? Whether it is the love of your friends, family, significant other, or self, Valentine’s Day is an opportunity to indulge a bit and enjoy the love the world has to offer.
That being said, Valentine’s Day can take a pretty heavy turn into the land of sugar and processed and junk. Not here! I have a recipe fit for a Queen (aren’t they all??).
Valentine’s Steak Dinner
- Lean, preferred cut of steak
- Large, whole carrots
- Preheat the over to 400°F
- Carefully cut carrots into a heart shape by slicing a wedge down the side and then carving out a dip.
- Use a peeler to soften the edges into a heart then slide into chunks.
- Halve radishes.
- Place radishes and carrots on a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Pat meat dry with a clean towel.
- Season with salt and pepper, garlic, and onion powder.
- Heat olive oil in a hot, oven safe pan.
- Sear steak for 2 minutes on each side. Resist the urge to touch or move the steak, other than flipping. You want to achieve a nice sear.
- Once you have seared each side, place pan in the oven at 400°F.
- Depending on your desired doneness and thickness of your cut of meat, allow to continue to cook in oven for 5-15 minutes.
- Allow steak to rest before serving.