Father’s Day Steak & Veggies
Father’s Day meals often revolve around the meaty, meaty protein. At my house during the summer, that protein is grilled.
It does, however, seem off to make the father of the house do the work. So, I found a way to prepare a delicious, healthy steak, but from the inside of the house, because after all, that is where the air conditioning lives, and where dear ‘ol Dad gets to kick back and relax.
The very best part? A SINGLE SHEET PAN is all there is to clean up.
You may be thinking, “…but won’t you be eating off of plates?” That, my friend, will be a non-issue, as plates will be licked clean! At least clean enough to toss into the dishwasher without rinsing, and that sounds like a victory to me.
Oven Broiled Steak & Veggies
- 1 Head of Broccoli florets
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 1 Onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds (1-inch-thick) top sirloin steak, patted dry
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Break down your produce (I chose cauliflower, onion, and broccoli⏤ use any low starch veggies you prefer.
- Spread produce out in a single layer onto the foil lined baking sheet.
- Add olive oil and garlic then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Gently toss to combine.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper, to taste. Other spices are welcome, if desired, just avoid any additional calories, fat, or sugar! Add to the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place into hot oven and broil until the steak is browned and charred at the edges, roughly 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Flex the cook time for desired doneness.
- Slice steak against the grain and serve in a healthy portion!
Here’s to Dads! May they live healthfully and feel our love and adoration.